Volunteer with CADCAI
Experience and share Chinese culture history and heritage
CADCAI is a volunteer-run community organisation. Our volunteers are involved in heritage and collection management, conservation, research, exhibitions, school visits, Chinese New Year, organisational and event management, marketing and other activities.
We offer training and mentorship to people seeking to refresh or learn new skills, to meet new people or experience an entirely different culture.
Become a Member
Participate in CADCAI’s regular culture and heritage activities. CADCAI offers regular Chinese lion, dragon, traditional dance training and performance, Chinese language classes and museum collection management.
CADCAI members receive:
- Free lion dance training for children and youth
- Invitations to all CADCAI events, exhibitions and activities
- Discount to CADCAI’s annual Chinese New Year banquet
- CADCAI’s E- Newsletter
Current Membership fees:
- Single (over 18) $20
- Family $35
- Student and concession $15
- Corporate (less than 10 employees) $50
- Corporate – More than 50 employee ($100)
Donate or become a sponsor
CADCAI needs funds to:
- Build the proposed new Cairns Chinese Cultural centre opposite the Chinese Sister City Friendship garden in Greenslopes Street
- Care for its significant heritage collections
- Provide and run Chinese cultural and heritage activities to members and the broader community
CADCAI is a registered Charity and has ATO deductible gift recipient status.
Donations of $2 or more to our FNQ Chinese Culture and Heritage Fund are tax deductible.
If you would like more information to learn more about donating to CADCAI or becoming a sponsor please email email@example.com. We will be happy to respond to any questions or provide more information.